Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Survived for another year

The good news is, I'm still alive after company outing on Thursday, and even better news is that I still have a job.

Now I'm sure we all remember the promises; no heavy drinking, no nightclubbing...

So, after the usual lack of co-ordination in getting people to Windsor, and subsequently having no time for a proper meal, meaning we had to settle for a quick McDonalds on the way, we were good to go. Once on the boat, someone got the first round in:

Friend: "Ok, what are you having?"

Me: "Better go steady tonight..... I'll have a vodka"

Dammit, why do I have no willpower when someone offers to buy a round.

So the party boat sailed off into the evening, the drinks kept coming, and the music became increasingly cheesy. My one disappointment of the evening was when the bar staff insisted they could no longer serve me straight vodka, and after much debate, I talked them down to a 50/50 vodka and tonic. It was disgusting, but I pushed on through.

They finally got us back on dry land, at which point we should have just gone back to the hotel as we'd all promised. However, it seems we'd all come to the same conclusion, and without even a word of discussion, made our way to the nightclub.

To be fair, this was probably a good decision, since the club we ended up in was much better than the one last year, and in no time we were on the dance floor getting hot and sweaty. My memory is a little vague by this point, but I do remember a cute* girl on the dance floor giving me the eye, and then loosing her somewhere in the crowd. Or maybe she ran. Like I say, my memory is vague.

I seem to remember leaving the club at about 2am, with the obligatory stop at the kebab shop on the way home, and yet to my surprise, was still up and ready for work by 9am 10am the next morning, all be it a little subdued and requiring large amounts of water and bacon.

Looking forward to the same again next year, and will forgo the pointless promises, and what the hell, at least I know I'm not too old of this kind of thing after all!


*She may have been cute, but at this point I didn't have my glasses on, and was on my 8th double.


UPDATE: Shameless pictures from the night are now up on Flickr

4 Comments:

  • If you didn't puke, you weren't really trying.

    By Blogger Kritkrat, at 6:04 pm  

  • I just went on my work's booze cruise last week! I was disappointed that there wasn't any sex! Drinking was rampant though! Fun times!

    By Blogger Jenny!, at 8:08 pm  

  • When you drink and take off your glasses you have double beer goggles!

    By Blogger classyandfancy, at 5:32 pm  

  • Congrats!!!

    By Blogger 5 of 9er, at 6:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home