Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

History Repeating

How time flies! Just under a year ago (10 months to be exact) there was a company outing on a riverboat in Windsor, which involved sailing up and down the Thames, drinking, going to a nightclub, more drinking, and much regret the next morning.

Well, that time has come round once again!

Tomorrow night, we'll be once again heading off down the Thames, I'll be making hollow promises about not drinking too much and being sensible, and by Friday, will no doubt be cursing whoever invented Vodka.

On the plus side, there are more people coming along this year, and in particular, most of us guys are keeping our fingers crossed that the girls from the support centre will be included in those numbers. However, if it's like last year, they'll know better than to allow themselves to be trapped on a boat with a load of drunk, lecherous men. Not that I'd be one of those, of course.

In other news, the initial consultation with the eye surgeon went well last night, although some of the tests were a little bizarre, such as the one to measure the curvature of my eye; I was a little dubious when my head was literally strapped into the machine, and even more freaked out by the ensuing light show that looked like some 60's pot party, while all the time the assistant was telling me to "keep looking forward, don't move your eyes"!

I also had some drops put in to dilate the pupils during the tests, which had the effect of turning up the brightness on my world and giving me eyes that looked like some Japanese animation character. I looked so cute.

So, it's all go for the zapping on the 13th August. I'll give a full write up on that afterwards. Well, as soon as my sight returns and I can bear to look at a screen that is.

And on a final note, I'm experimenting with the Twitter blog badge, so you'll be able to see random updates somewhere down on the right with whatever I'm up to. Because I know you all really want to know that.

I'll try and post again Friday, presuming I survive tomorrow night, and otherwise, a good weekend to all!

5 Comments:

  • I fear for the call center girls' lives!

    By Blogger classyandfancy, at 7:16 pm  

  • I wish you had pictures of your Japanimation eyes. That would have been awesome. Also, I think you should still keep your profile picture of you with glasses b/c it definitely is more of hit with the ladies. ;-)

    By Blogger I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw, at 10:21 pm  

  • nice blog

    By Blogger All Blog Spots, at 4:51 am  

  • It's Friday, and I want to hear about your wicked hangover. Drunken boat rides make for good blog entries.

    By Blogger Kritkrat, at 6:19 pm  

  • Classy, don't fear, turns out they knew better!

    Carrie, thank you! If I could have seen enough to take a picture of my big eyes, that would be the new profile pic! Could try after the treatment, but I guess they'll be all red and not so cute.

    Kadonk, getting there, but with only a few hours sleep last night, I need to go crash before I can write anything remotely worthy!

    By Blogger Loaf, at 9:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home