Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Friday, July 06, 2007

Ending on a high note

So after a week of gross, I decided I need end the week on a high note, so I'm going with big news! (for me at least!)

First of all, thank god it's Friday; although it still doesn't feel like summer quite yet, the skies have cleared, the rain has stopped, and it's actually quite warm. Plus I'm making good progress on a rather cheeky little bottle of wine, while watching Black Snake Moan. It's a lazy night, but a good night, plus I have the BBQ tomorrow to look forward to tomorrow night anyhow.

And so to the news; in a somewhat impulse decision, I've decided to scrap the plans for a second holiday this year, and put the money towards something I've been wanting for a long time; I'm finally going under the laser and getting my eyes zapped!

I've been wearing glasses for just over half my life now, and have decided it's time for them to go. I mean, sure, they give a somewhat false illusion of being intellectual, and have served me well over the years, but girls don't make passes at guys who wear glasses!

So I'm getting a quick checkup on Tuesday, which seems like just a formality, since they've already said I'm well within the range to have it done (my eyes really aren't that bad yet!), and so all going well, I'll be going under on 13th August! It's a mixture of excitement and apprehension; I'm totally excited to not have to wear glasses any more, although a little disconcerted by stories about being able to smell your eyes burning while they do it. I would go into more detail about how they actually do it, but I might gross a few people out, and I promised to avoid the gross!

So, that's pretty much my big news for the week, hope everyone has a good weekend, especially those off to the Live concert. Yes, I am jealous!!

5 Comments:

  • Congrats! I am contemplating it too! Waiting until next year when the funds are more available, but definitely want to get it done!

    By Blogger Kritkrat, at 12:20 am  

  • You'll have to change your blog picture. We'll miss it . . .

    By Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, at 12:37 am  

  • You'll be beating off the dolly birds with a stick!

    By Blogger classyandfancy, at 6:19 am  

  • Kadonk, looks like I'm being the guinea pig for a few people :)

    Dr Ken, I will be sad to see that pic go, it's actually one of my favorites!

    Classy, if only! (although that may be playing a part in why I'm having it done!)

    By Blogger Loaf, at 6:28 am  

  • Well congratulations to you!

    I have very mild prescription glasses that I'm supposed to wear when I'm tired. I love wearing them and wish I wore them all the time. Grass is always greener, I suppose!

    By Blogger The [Cherry] Ride, at 4:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home