Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Counting down

So, less than half a day to go now until my laser surgery on Friday lunchtime, and I'm currently going between being awesomely exited about getting it done, and being slightly freaked out by what's going to happen.

The latter has been increased by the wonder of YouTube, where someone was kind enough to post up a video of their surgery. I know, I shouldn't have gone looking for it, especially the night before the op. My one piece of advice for anyone thinking of getting laser eye surgery, do not look at those videos! It will freak you out.

Anyway, that said, I'm still not put off, as the benefit of no longer wearing glasses far outweighs the treatment, and I just can't wait for that part.

I'll write up how it all went as soon as I'm in a good enough state to stare at a computer screen again, and it also seems fitting that for what will probably be an important post (to me), it will also be my 100th post, so double celebration and drinks all round.

So now, I'm going to try and sleep, and see you all on the other side!

UPDATE

2 hours before the surgery and they've called to say there's a problem with the equipment, so now I've been put back another 24 hours!! Dammit!

Didn't want this to be my next post, as the 100th should be good news, so I'll probably post the next one over the weekend once it's all done.

7 Comments:

  • Good luck! I will think good thoughts for you as you are going through this. :)

    By Blogger Sara, at 11:13 pm  

  • Good luck. It is going to be great, and you're gonna look hot - roooaaar!

    By Blogger The [Cherry] Ride, at 2:33 am  

  • Sorry to hear it was pushed back, but at least you know that the equipment will work. Seriously, isn't that better to know? :)

    By Blogger Sara, at 2:02 pm  

  • Thanks Sara, guess it is best to wait until the equipment is fully working; wouldn't feel safe if I saw it held together with tape..

    Cherry, you smooth talker ;) I'll post pictures of my new hotness when the redness goes down!

    By Blogger Loaf, at 2:21 pm  

  • Please refrain from posting a video of the process, but do post before and after photos!

    By Blogger classyandfancy, at 5:38 pm  

  • Haha, duct tape would be bad to see coming at you! Good luck!!

    By Blogger Sara, at 10:06 pm  

  • I saw you posted on Twitter, I'm glad you are okay. Blog when you can! :)

    By Blogger Sara, at 10:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home