Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

And now the panic...

I want to give fair warning on this post; if you're squeamish about eyes, just skip this one altogether...



So, for those still with us; it's less than a week until the laser eye surgery now, 12.30 on Monday to be exact, and up until now, I thought I'd have no problems with this. I mean I'm not exactly squeamish or have any issues with someone poking around with my eyes, until I started thinking about it while laying awake last night...

It was at this point I realised I'm going to be laying there with my eye held open while they cut a flap in the eye, lift it up, and start burning away with a laser in my eye. So now I'm a little freaked.

This started me thinking about other questions; what can you actually see once they've lifted up the flap on your eye? Will it just go out of focus or black altogether? What do you see when they're reshaping the eye? What does burning eye smell like?

So far, none of this has thankfully been enough to put me off having it done, but still, is there anyone out there who's been through this and can tell me what to expect? Otherwise, I guess I'm the guinea pig and I'll just have to let you all know how it goes next week!

3 Comments:

  • I'm planning on getting Lasik next year and I was asking my friend about it and she said when she got it done that everything just went black when they lifted the flap up. Which I think would be the scariest part. I mean, you think they'd warn you about that before hand otherwise I am surprised more people don't freak out in the middle of the procedure.

    Anyway, good luck! I can't wait to hear about it!

    By Blogger Kritkrat, at 1:53 pm  

  • Can I watch??? I find medical shit cool as hell! When I was being gutted (AKA: C-section delivery), my fiance walked in to the operating room and says, "It smells like burning popcorn!" So hopefully burning eye doesnt smell like burning popcorn! Good luck!

    By Blogger Jenny!, at 6:40 pm  

  • STOP thinking about it. All will be fine.

    By Blogger The [Cherry] Ride, at 5:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home