Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Monday, August 27, 2007

Classics

First of all, a quick update on the eyes; they're settling in nicely, although I'm still having to put in drops four times a day, and still have a halo around anything bright. I have however, found a definite upside to this; because anything shiny and bright seems to have a glow to it, looking out for wedding / engagement rings on ladies is even easier. It's like a superpower! Sadly, only another week of it.

So, while resting my eyes, I've been watching a lot of TV (lets not get into he logic behind that decision), and recently saw some classics.

First up is really going back a bit, by watching Breakfast at Tiffanys. Long time since I'd seen that one, but still love it. I must admit to having a bit of a thing for Audrey Hepburn, and she just looks great in this, inspiring that classic picture:


The other film of the weekend, was High Fidelity, which up until now, I'd never seen. I'd often heard of it referred to by friends and quoted as being a 'must see' film, but just never gotten around to it, until it was on a few nights back. I have to say, I love this film, and it's going to move quickly into my top 10 films. If like me, you'd not seen this film before, give it a try, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!


Which leads me on to my top 5 all time favorite films:

1. Cruel Intentions - I just can't fault this film; every character is perfect, every scene delicious.

2. Back to the Future - It's a childhood favorite, I just can't tire of it!

3. My Fair Lady - Again, an Audrey Hepburn classic.

4. Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - What Christmas is complete without this on in the afternoon?

5. Shawshank Redemption - It's a long one, but you just can't help but feel good at the end.

So readers, what are your all time classics?

9 Comments:

  • Everytime I hear Placebo's 'Every You, Every Me' it reminds me of Cruel Intentions...one of my guilty pleasures!!! Hope your '28 Days Later' eyes heal soon! Can't WAIT to see pics!! :)

    By Blogger Eternally Recovering, at 8:05 pm  

  • Exactly the same reaction when I hear that song! Glad I'm not the only one!

    Hopefully more pics to come soon.

    By Blogger Loaf, at 8:25 pm  

  • Audrey is a hot chic! High Fidelity I saw a while ago and didn't really care for it...probably because I hate the Cusak family...fucking Joan and her damn US Cellular lispy commericlas!

    Love Indy and Back To The Future!

    My favorite movie of all time is Seven! Ahhh, whats in the box?

    By Blogger Jenny!, at 9:35 pm  

  • LASIK eye surgery was the best thing in life I ever did for myself!! I hope you love it too!

    By Blogger Pud, at 6:51 am  

  • I'm totally there with you on th Back to the Future... one of the best dork movies of all time!

    By Blogger 5 of 9er, at 4:34 pm  

  • So oddly I was surprise your favorite movies were all so American-dumb I know. And funnily enough everytime I hear Counting Crow's "Colorblind" I think of that movie, too! I'd have to say my top 5 are:

    1) Boogie Nights
    2) Singles
    3) Before Sunrise/Before Sunset
    4) The Station Agent
    5) When Harry Met Sally

    By Blogger I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw, at 7:45 am  

  • Cruel Intentions? Really?

    No order:
    Superman
    Animal House
    Fight Club
    Hannah and Her Sisters
    Kicking and Screaming (not the stupid Will Farell one, but the cool one by Noah Burmbach)

    By Blogger The [Cherry] Ride, at 8:49 pm  

  • I'm glad your eyes are healing well, good to hear it!

    I like most of the movies you listed, although I'm kind of partial to Star Wars and LOTR as well as the Harry Potter movies.

    By Blogger Sara, at 11:35 pm  

  • Some movies I've not heard of there, guess I'll have to give them a go!

    Cherry, you've never seen Cruel Intentions or just don't like it? If you've not seen it, you must! It's awesome!

    Afraid I've never sat through all of LOTR, way too long for me!

    By Blogger Loaf, at 10:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home