Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Blogger neglects me

Before I start on why I'm feeling so neglected by Blogger, I have to say I'm on a bit of a high at the moment, and without the use of alcohol, drugs, or a new episode of Lost.

Today, I found the first other blog that links here, that I'm aware of. Thank you Jader! Definitely head on over to her blog, which is off to a great start, and give her some sympathy for her fractured arm. Get well soon Jader.

As it is blatantly obvious from my handful of posts and 2nd grade writing style, I'm new to Blogger. We're still off on our honeymoon together, she can do no wrong. I type, she listens. I misspell, she corrects me. Is there anything she can't do?

Well, it seems if you're anywhere outside of the US, there is one thing she can't do.

I had started to get my hopes up at the sound of mobile blogging; while on holiday next month I could happily post messages and pictures that no-one would care about, while I wander the streets of Florence. But to be sure that I know what I'm doing, and so that I don't have to figure it out after a few glasses of wine out in Italy, I thought I would try it from the slightly less exotic location of our office in Slough. So I take a picture (of the water cooler), string a few words together and hit send. And wait. And wait. And nothing.

After while I decide to take the approach less favored in the IT industry; I read the instructions. No problems there, until I find the inconspicuous note at the bottom, which tells me that the service is only available to US networks.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, after all, we get most films a month or so after the US, we are nearly a whole season behind with Lost, and don't even get Twinkies over here. But still, it hurts. So come on Blogger, remember those early days of our relationship where we would spend late nights and long lunches together, and let us in on the mobile blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home