Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Back and up to speed!

At last, back and online!

Well, to be honest, I've been back online for over a week, this is just the first time I've got round to updating the blog. Lazy, I know.

Still, the new connection from Pipex is running nicely, and has surprised me; the original estimate from Pipex was that I should be able to get about 4.5Mb broadband, because of my distance from the exchange. However, after setting everything up, I'm connecting at 7.5Mb, and if that keeps up, I'll be very happy!

So, other than the internet, a few other things have happened this week; I've finally booked a holiday, as I was really starting to feel the need to get out of the country. The destination: Florence, Italy. This does mean I've got just under 7 weeks to try and learn some Italian, and judging by my success with other languages, I'm not expecting any miracles. Still, as long as I can ask basic directions and order a beer/wine, I'll be alright.

Another unusual event of last weekend was a BBQ round a friends house to celebrate their birthday. A BBQ, nothing unusual there then? Well, we decided we'd had enough of regular beef burgers and pork sausages, and so in a bid to taste more wildlife of the world, we had sausages and burgers made of Kangaroo, Ostrich, Impala, Kudu, Springbok and Wild Boar. I have to say, I was impressed, even though never heard of a couple of the animals before. I'd highly recommend Kangaroo and Wild Boar. If you'd like to place an order yourself, head on over to Alternative Meats UK.

That's about all for today, there may be some test posts going up later, as I want to see if I can post to the blog from my mobile, and if it works, I'll try and send some posts while I'm on holiday in Florence.

Until next time, have a good week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home