Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Bad Toast Day

This morning has started badly.

If I start the day, unable to butter a piece of toast without burning two of the slices, dropping the butter, then dropping the toast that I have managed to butter, it's hard to believe that the rest of the day is going to go well. In fact when the time comes for a new work contract, I think I will insist on a clause that states if the above series of events occur, I'm entitled to the day off, because nothing good will come of it, and the company would probably benefit from my absence.

To further re-assert this belief in the bad toast premonition, my PC greeted me with a series of hard drive failures, which means this evening I must yet again pry open the box and start poking around, and will no doubt end in another drive going back to the store. Why must technology hate me so?

To keep myself going today, I'll just keep reminding myself that it's only 6 weeks until I'll be strolling the streets of Florence, enjoying good food and fine wine. As for my progress in learning the basics of Italian; it's now about as good as my knowledge of Russian, which means I can count to 10, say yes and no, and ask "Do you speak English?". I have achieved the level of "lazy British tourist".

So I'm off to find a decent coffee before the atrocities of the day begin, and if I survive, will see you again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home