Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Saturday Night At The Movies

First of all, I wanted to quickly explain the titles for posts this year; in case they seem a little odd, I'm trying to find a suitable song title for each post. This is because; a) It takes less thought to just put a few words in the iTunes search box to find something imaginative and b) I've been watching too much Grey's Anatomy. Anyway, onto the post...

It's that time of year again when the main flood of movie trailers come out and I start whittling down the wish list of which ones I must go to the cinema for, which ones I may way watch, and those to avoid at all costs.

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army (trailer)
Yes, I'm a sucker action, special effects and great one liners, and the first film delivered all three by the truckload. Looking at the trailer for the second one coming out this year, they're stepping it up a notch, because this just looks awesome. Currently sitting at the top of my list with very little to challenge it!

Hancock (trailer)
I was first introduced to Will Smith as the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, and although he's done some very impressive straight acting, I still like to see him in a comedy. I think this one appeals to me because if the trailer is anything to go by, it's certainly different to anything I've seen in a while, and it looks like he does a good job of playing the reluctant super hero. So far, this would be my comedy choice for the summer.

Cloverfield (trailer)
Ok, so this one is still a little shrouded in mystery, and they're really not giving too much away (although I've not looked too hard because I like surprises), so to be honest, I want to see this purely on the fact that it has J.J. Abrams attached to it, who for those who don't know, is an executive producer for Lost, another favorite of mine. Not quite sure where to rate this one, but curiosity is compelling me to see it.

Sweeney Todd (trailer)
This has just come out recently over here, and if I can convince a few others into coming along, I'd like to see this while it's still at the cinema, as I think this is one of those films that really works on the big screen with a full on sound system. Johnny Depp looks like he pulls off the roll effortlessly, and no-one plays crazy like Helena Bonham Carter, so really hope I see this one before it disappears!


What I won't be seeing

Alvin And The Chipmunks
I found the TV series annoying enough the first time round, there's no way I'm going to sit through movie length version of it! But please, this time round, spare us from their music on the radio as well!

Sex And The City
On behalf of husbands and boyfriends everywhere, I plead with the female population to realise that we don't want to sit through this. We sat through it while you watched it on TV, and then again when you bought it on the box set. We really thought it was over, don't put us through it again!

So, thoughts & opinions? What's everyone else's big movie choices for 2008?

5 Comments:

  • In West Philadelphia born and raised,
    On the playground is where I spent most of my days,
    Chilling out maxing, relaxing all cool,
    Shooting some b-ball outside of school,
    When a couple of guys, they were up to no good,
    Started making trouble in my neighborhood,
    I got in one little fight and my mom got scared,
    She said 'You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

    MAN I LOVE FRESH PRINCE!!

    By Blogger Kritkrat, at 2:19 pm  

  • I whistled for a cab and when it came near,
    the license plate said Fresh and it had dice in the mirror,
    If anything I could say that this cab was rare,
    But I thought naa forget it, yo home to Bel-Air.

    First thing I did after writing the blog entry was look up the opening credits on YouTube! Fresh Prince was awesome!

    By Blogger Loaf, at 2:39 pm  

  • Uh... I want to see the Sex In The City movie. :(

    By Blogger 5 of 9er, at 6:14 pm  

  • 9er; please tell me it was LP's idea and you had no choice!!

    By Blogger Loaf, at 8:28 pm  

  • As a Gay Man I am required to show enthusiasm for the Sex and The City movie. Honestly. They'll revoke my membership if I don't.

    PS - I still owe you that photo.I am working on it.

    By Blogger The [Cherry] Ride, at 5:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home