Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Looking back, Looking forward

A Happy New Year to all!

Originally I was going to make the first post of this year looking back over last year, and then looking ahead for this year, then decided it's much better to leave the past in the past and just look forward to what's to come! I also planned to have this post ready by the 1st January. Oh well, start as I mean to go on...

So far, this has been a good year. Yes, all 5 days of it have been excellent, today topping the list for sure!

This morning, I went for my motorbike theory test, and passed. To be honest, if I'd not passed, I'd have never lived it down. I mean after 15 or so years of driving, I'd like to think I've pretty much got the theory of roads down, and to be fair, the questions were a mixture of stuff I knew and common sense (which is always a bit of a push at 9.15 in the morning).

In celebration of passing this, I decided to take a wander down to the local Suzuki dealership, just to have a look around and drool over some bikes. As I walked in the door, there it was: the very bike I was after, in the colour I wanted, and £600 off. I immediately summoned the salesman.

After a few technical questions that I'd learnt from bike magazines to make it look like I knew what I was talking about, I decided to ask a little more about this bike in particular:

Me: So what's the mileage on it?

Salesman: Mileage? Well it's new, there's not really any mileage.

Me: So you're selling it for this price new?

Salesman: Yes.

Me: .....Name your deposit, I shall pay it!


So after the exchange of cash and paperwork, I'm now the pseudo-owner of a Suzuki GSX-R600 K7. I say pseudo, as until I pass the practical test, I can't actually pick it up, but what an incentive to pass! As for now, I'll just have to lust after the picture:


Oh yes, it shall be mine!

So, to round up, it wouldn't be a new year post without some resolutions, so here's mine for this year:

Have more adventures - I think this is pretty much underway with buying the bike.

Find a woman - It's time to kick start the dating again. The bike may also help here; chicks dig bikes right?

I could also make the same resolution to eat healthy and get in shape, but we all know where that ends up each year.

So, I have a feeling that 2008 is going to be a great year, and hope it is for all of you as well!

10 Comments:

  • So, you now have a motorbike, a slightly damaged Alfa, and whatever car you had before the Alfa, which I vaguely remember as a Yaris or something, but whatever it was I think it was pretty new.

    Will you be my sugar daddy?

    By Blogger Kritkrat, at 5:55 pm  

  • AWESOME!!!! You are going to look bad ass! Your resolution next year should be to get a Haiyabusa!

    By Blogger classyandfancy, at 10:02 pm  

  • It's Hayabusa, sorry! I got too excited by the thought . . .

    By Blogger classyandfancy, at 10:02 pm  

  • When you kill yourself on your bike, can I have the Alfa? I need a spare car for when mine next breaks down!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:07 am  

  • Kadonk; put like that, it does make me sound rather well off! In reality, the sale of the Toyota paid for the Alfa and some to spare for credit cards, and the bike has put a hefty load back on the credit cards again!

    Classy; Hayabusa would indeed be cool, although for the next few years my insurance company would die laughing at the idea. 123bhp should be enough to do some serious damange for now.

    Leano; you know the previous two owners of the Alfa, would you really want it??

    By Blogger Loaf, at 12:52 pm  

  • I think you can combine some of your resolutions. Isn't finding a woman a bit of an adventure? Or have an adventure to find a woman?

    It's the stuff great novels are born from!

    By Blogger ReckenRoll, at 11:56 pm  

  • Nice bike! I've been a passenger on a bike since I was 15. ;)

    I can't wait to hear that you've passed your test and picked it up!! How exciting!!

    Greg teaches a motorcycle safety class. If you pay the small fee and pass his test then you can not only get and drive a bike, but you get a discount on your insurance.

    I did comment after you on my blog. We had such a good time. Are you on Flickr? There's some photos there. I may put some on Facebook though.

    By Blogger Sara, at 12:25 am  

  • It so Akira! Let's ride!

    By Blogger 5 of 9er, at 6:08 pm  

  • That bike is TITS!!!! Buy it.

    By Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, at 7:46 am  

  • Recken; you're right, it certainly is a challenge!

    Sara; sounds like he teaches the advanced courses similar to the ones I'm going to take next. Anything to get the insurance down!

    9er; Soon as you get you bike, it's road trip time :)

    Dr Ken; Tits indeed! The money is down now, so just a matter of time!

    By Blogger Loaf, at 9:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home