Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Wicked Weekend

In an attempt to bring a bit of culture to our office, I decided to organise a theatre trip at the weekend, as a bit of a change of pace from the usual night of destroying our livers in some darkened little bar, and since it was a show that I know and thought others would enjoy, we went to see Wicked.

I must say, second time round, I still enjoyed it, although the stand-ins they have for the lead roles of Glinda and Elphaba were a little lacking on the singing, with Glinda in particular being a little too squeaky. Still, it's a great show, and I couldn't help but enjoy it.

I've also learnt that it's not the best show for those who are colour blind, otherwise you have to keep pointing out which one is the green one.

Aside from the theatre, I also headed up to the motorcycle show at the NEC Birmingham, and have now got myself fully kitted out with bike gear, ready for my lessons which will be starting next Saturday, and despite going for fabric jacket and trousers rather than leathers (on the advice of those who've ridden in cold and wet conditions), I still think I looked pretty badass! The helmet in particular I'm proud of:


So now with December starting this weekend, it kicks off a busy social month, with something planned for every weekend through until Christmas, and between the 10 hour work days I'm doing at the moment and packed weekend, December is going to be a busy month!

6 Comments:

  • Damn, that is pretty badass. Don't kill yourself while taking lessons!

    By Blogger The [Cherry] Ride, at 5:20 pm  

  • Taking lessons is not badass at all. You just need to go ride and take out people on the way!

    By Blogger 5 of 9er, at 8:43 pm  

  • This is totally random, but speaking of Birmingham...I just learned today that Birmingham is a sister city of Chicago. Not sure what that means, but thought it worth noting. And I know someone who grew up there, but she lives in London now. Yes, please don't kill yourself on the motorcycle.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:35 pm  

  • What no pictures of you in your full outfit, Batman?!!

    By Blogger Adrian, at 2:07 pm  

  • Why didn't they tell you to buy leather chaps?

    By Blogger classyandfancy, at 11:55 pm  

  • I will try my hardest not to kill myself on the bike, but I can't guarentee I won't have a few bruises to show for it!

    LP; good question, I've never really known about the sister city thing, but did find a Wiki article about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Town_twinning Not sure I'd call Birmingham the cultural equivelant of Chicago though!

    Leather chaps would be awesome, I may have to get those for the European tour later in the year!

    By Blogger Loaf, at 8:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home