Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Monday, November 26, 2007

The Crisp Conundrum

A big question has been raised this afternoon, one worthy of a blog post and also in the hope that someone out there can answer our question!

On one of my many trips to the vending machines this afternoon, the question was raised about crisp flavours; you have the single flavor crisps, such as smokey bacon, salted, prawn, and then also the two flavour crisps, such as cheese & onion and salt & vinegar, but then we started to wonder, have we ever seen crisps with more than two flavours? The combined knowledge of two programmers and one business analyst came up blank!

Surely the triple flavour crisp is something that has been thought of, so I ask you readers, do you know of any crisp of more than two flavours, and more importantly, where can I buy some?!

More worthy posts to follow soon. I promise.

8 Comments:

  • I read that and immediately had to prove you wrong. I seem to remember some chips in Australia that were honey soy chicken, which could be construed as three seperate flavours. A quick trip to the Kettle website reveals 'Roast Chicken with Rosemary & Thyme'...oooh classy!

    Also, could you clear something up for me. Why is there a prawn cocktail flavour of crisps? Can you, an ostensibly British person, please explain why this is seen as a tasty treat?

    Also: hi, I like your blog. I may have been lurking.

    By Blogger non-Blondie, at 9:06 pm  

  • non-Blondie, you're a savour of my sanity! This has been torturing me ever since Loaf posed this question at work. I knew that the elusive 3 flavoured crisp must exist, but couldn't think of one.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:43 pm  

  • Hi non-Blondie, always nice to see someone come out of the shadows!

    And yes! You've saved us! I'd forgotten about the Kettle crisps, and now I have a craving for some...

    As for the appeal of prawn flavoured crisps, I'm probably not the best one to promote them, as they're pretty low on my list of favorites, although prawn crackers from the local chinese are very addictive!

    By Blogger Loaf, at 9:35 am  

  • I'm with Richard. Surely this exists. I will ask everyone I know at work tomorrow and get back to you. Australian-style.

    By Blogger Miss A, at 10:47 am  

  • I don't know about other 3-flavor chips but now I am really in the mood for some Cheddar Beer chips. Thanks a lot!

    By Blogger Kritkrat, at 4:06 pm  

  • They should just make a mixed bag with all of the 2-favor chips. Mmmmm. Mixed bag!

    By Blogger 5 of 9er, at 5:12 pm  

  • I would love a peanut butter, strawberry jam and Coke flavor.

    By Blogger The [Cherry] Ride, at 10:04 pm  

  • They used to have a roast beef flavour ones in the UK which were awesome but I think they were just a short time special promotion thing.

    In Canada you can get pickle and also ketchup favloured crips. The ketchup ones are DELISH.

    I want salsa, cheese, and sour cream flavour please.

    By Blogger ReckenRoll, at 9:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home