Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Friday, September 29, 2006

Switched

I've finally caved in.

After weeks of the "Switch to Beta" option sitting there, enticing me, begging me to click it, I've given in to the pressure and gone all beta. Plus, so many other blogs have made the switch now, and posting comments on beta sites when you're not a beta yourself is still not completely bug free. Here's hoping I won't regret this.

Other than that, it's been a really quiet week for me, mainly because I'm still making up on sleep from the weekend and am just too tired to think or do anything at the moment. As such, I'm going to borrow ideas from other sites for today and go with the theme of music and lists.

So, I give you: Top 5 tunes that had my dancing like an idiot in my car this week

1. Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing
2. Elton John and Kiki Dee - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
3. The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
4. The Futureheads - Hounds of Love
5. Queen - Don't Stop Me Now

Another thing I noticed this morning; a new billboard poster has gone up on the M25 advertising Spearmint Rhino, and the traffic seemed considerably slower today. Coincidence?

Unless I can whip up something else over the weekend, this is probably the last post until next Friday when I get back from holiday. Can't believe how quick that's come round, my plan to learn some basic Italian has failed completely, but hopefully I'll be able to get by with wild gesturing and charades.

Keep the place tidy while I'm gone, and no wild parties while I'm away. Have a good weekend all!

8 Comments:

  • You're going to Italy? I'm so jealous. I wish I lived in Europe and was able to jet-set around to a bunch of different countries.

    By Blogger Ridic!, at 7:07 pm  

  • Waitasecond. Italy? Did you clear this with the head office? I don't think so. You need permission from 51% of your blogroll for that and its obvious that neither I nor Jader gave you the thumbs up.

    On a different note, I wish I was back in London so I could get some of these references - Spearmint Rhino? Again, sounds to me like some sort of deviant sexual position.

    Have fun in Italy! Dov e il bagno?

    By Blogger The [Cherry] Ride, at 12:48 am  

  • Sorry Mr C & Miss J, may I be excused? I promise to bring back gifts*

    Spearmint Rhino is a 'Gentlemens' club, and we actually have one just a few minutes from our offices. Not that we've been. Yet.




    * Gifts may include pictures and posts.

    By Blogger Loaf, at 12:53 pm  

  • I love Don't Stop Me Now! It's SO show tunes, but I love it.

    By Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, at 4:10 am  

  • Hope Italy was everything that it always is. How I miss Europe!(If you tell me you went to Calabria or Como, I will be sooo envious!! How I love both of those places!! The Lake..sigh..!

    Excellent top 5 tunes!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:30 am  

  • Hope that you had some luck with the Italian ladies!

    Spearmint Rhino is a gentleman's club? Are there so many there that they have run out of names?

    By Blogger classyandfancy, at 5:40 pm  

  • Making a quick stop in an internet cafe while a shower passes over!

    Florence is great, lovely weather, lovely people, lovely food. Might just stay here. Full post and pictures when I return!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:03 pm  

  • Git! I miss Italy. Even if I did spend most my time there on a manic ‘must see everything’ sight-seeing trip, and didn’t get to do much chilling. Hope that phrase book is being useful! Personally, I found wild hand gestures to be more effective :o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home