Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Lost in Music

I'm in a happy mellow mood this morning.

There's a couple of reasons for this; firstly Apple has just released version 7 of iTunes for Windows, and the new version is looking really good. Even if most of the new features are mainly to the look and feel, I'm easily won over by something with a flashy front end.

The second reason is that I celebrated this new look and feel by downloading the new Diana Krall album, which has just put me in a warm and fuzzy place. I do have an wide range of taste in music, and if asked what kind of music I regularly listen to, I couldn't tell you. Some days I'll go with the likes of Muse, Razorlight, Dirty Pretty Things, and then other days I'll go for Frank Sinatra, Diana Krall and Madeleine Peyroux. Today is definitely a Diana Krall day as her smooth jazzy style is just as good for easing me into the day, as it is unwinding at the end of the day with a good glass of wine. Thanks for the music Diana.

While on the subject of music, I should apologize for my bashing of Rick Astley a few posts ago; while the first reaction to hearing him and other 80's cheese is one of shame, it's probably due to all the associations with the 80's that it brings back; arkward school discos, the fashions, the fads. However, to be honest it's a guilty pleasure, and being brought up in the 80's, I'll still find myself singing along when they come on the radio, and if I'm being totally honest, there's no keeping me off the dance floor if Chesney comes on. There, I said it. All dignity gone.

And one final music related question; what gets you up in the morning?

I have a playlist of music that gets me up and going, but I'm getting a bit used to it and need something new, so I'd like to hear what other people listen to that I might be able to add to my own selection. Here's my current playlist:

Make Your Own Kind Of Music - Mama Cass
You're No Good - The Swinging Blue Jeans
What A Difference A Day Made - Dinah Washington
This Is Your Life - Switchfoot
Cherry Blossom Girl - Air
Digging Your Scene - Ivy
Island In The Sun - Weezer
Mr. E's Beautiful Blues - Eels
My Doorbell - The White Stripes
Weapon Of Choice - Fatboy Slim

So, what gets you going?

6 Comments:

  • A flashy front end? Are you talking about that Austrian Au pair again.

    By Blogger Crispin Heath, at 3:42 pm  

  • Katie, just been on iTunes and went through some of his older stuff; forgot how many cool songs he did! Still got about £99 worth of music waiting in my shopping cart, but I might have to add him anyway.

    Six; Always. At least until the next pretty woman walks by ;)

    By Blogger Loaf, at 8:20 pm  

  • Here some tunes that may be up for consideration as adds to your wake me up before you go go playlist:

    Galvanize-The Chemical Brothers (It's the song in the Budweiser commercial & it jams!)

    Off the Wall- Michael Jackson

    Jackie Wilson Said-Dexy's Midnight Runners

    The Jump Off- Lil' Kim

    Jimmy the Exploder- The White Stripes

    Anything off of the Go!Team's "Thunder, Lightning, Strike"

    By Blogger classyandfancy, at 12:47 am  

  • Hi Matt, just late-night browsing off classandfancy. when I'm not so delirious I'll have to check out this Rick Astley post, because I'm skeptical any apology is in order.

    off to iTUNES now before bed. had no idea 7 was out. you are now an official "influencer"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 am  

  • If I want to be in an instant good mood its usually dance music ie madonna justin timberlake, eric prydz etc... I just can't help but dance in my car on the way to work.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:15 pm  

  • Classy, great selection, I'd not heard of The Go! Team before, but I'm downloading it now.

    Darci, not sure I'd be considered a good influence on people, but great to have you on board.

    Julie, Dancing in the car every morning, much to the concern of my fellow road users.

    By Blogger Loaf, at 8:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home