Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Monday, September 18, 2006

Some lessons you just never learn

Another weekend wrapped up, and at least it was a memorable one.

My friends 30th birthday celebrations on Saturday night was a real hit, even despite the hangover that wiped out most of Sunday. The fact that I managed to suppress hurling on the underground the next morning was truly heroic. I know I should have learnt my lesson after last weeks hangover, but if I didn't learn from the many hangovers of the past 14 years, I'm certainly not going to learn now.

However, there were some things I did learn this weekend:

1. London underground, humid weather, a tuxedo and overcrowding, combine to create the worst traveling experience.

2. Champagne, Cosmopolitans and Vodka Martini's should not be mixed within the space of a few hours.

3. When hungover, don't start listening to the drunk outside the underground, prophesizing the end of the world, it won't improve the situation.

More detailed memories of the evening are still a little hazy, but so far highlights include;

  • Mixing cocktails, which was a chance for me to demonstrate the Dirty Girl Scout (I seem to remember using the phrase "I'm off to knock up a girl scout").
  • Vague memory of trying to chat up one of the women, but failing, probably due to the earlier Dirty Girl Scout.
  • Singing along to the musical episode of Buffy towards the end of the night.

I'm sure there were also pictures taken throughout the evening, and if any turn up that are not too offensive, I will try and post them later.

Next weekend; a trip to the Isle of Wight to celebrate another friends 30th. I swear I'm drinking in moderation this time...

4 Comments:

  • I think you are totally wrong about point #2. I have a definition for champagne, cosmos and martinis mixed within the space of a few hours - its called "heaven."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:27 pm  

  • Is it still heaven the morning after? ;)

    I have to say I didn't object too much at the time.

    By Blogger Loaf, at 8:51 pm  

  • Champagne with anything is a definite no no for me! Puke city here I come!

    By Blogger classyandfancy, at 9:15 pm  

  • Not a massive fan of champagne myself, although dark rum is usually the trigger drink for me, very bad memories (or lack thereof).

    Just noticed I made the Classy list, cheers for the link, much appreciated!

    By Blogger Loaf, at 9:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home