Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Thursday, September 07, 2006

The morning before

Thursday morning, and the weekend is closing in fast, but before I get there I still have to survive tonight's riverboat party on the Thames, where we'll be cramming 90 people onto a boat, and heading off down the river with a mixture of predictably cheesy music and overpriced booze.

This will be the first one I've been on, as it was only at the start of the year our company was bought up by the current company who organizes this event, but I'm sure we'll be doing our best to liven things up. After all, our team did make quite an impression at the New Year party a week after we merged; an impression which has prompted them to reconsider their 'free bar' policy next time round.

My only doubt is about having it on a Thursday night? Do they really expect any kind of productivity on Friday? A few of the others have suggested the management might just get some perverse pleasure in watching us struggle to work with raging hangovers. If they decided to test the fire alarms tomorrow we'll know for sure.

Hopefully more exciting news to report tomorrow after the night out, although I doubt there will be post until the monitor stops spinning. To be honest, I just had to get a quick post in now, to move down the previous post containing Dan's picture, as due to it's position, he seemed to be gazing up at my picture, which was a little unnerving.

See you tomorrow if I survive...

2 Comments:

  • Two drinks I really miss from my boozing in London:
    1. Pimms - I'd never heard of this drink until I was there last year. Not even sure that I really liked the taste so much as the fact that I wanted to be all things British so I drank it like water.
    2. Lager and Lime - drank this all the time. Wasn't until I left that my UK friends had the heart to tell me it is a "chick drink." I was devistated.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:45 pm  

  • Never really been into Pimms myself, but did somehow find myself with a bottle of lager and lime last night, bought for my by a mate; not sure what he's trying to tell me.

    Hope you had a chance to try a few bitters over here though; can't beat a pint of Old Speckled Hen or Bishops Finger :)

    By Blogger Loaf, at 8:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home