Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Save the Dump!

I'm not a morning person.

There's about a 2 hour gap between waking up, and arriving at work, and within that gap I've somehow managed to make myself presentable and drive to work, I just don't remember how. So, this morning when I tried to focus on the screen through my morning cup of coffee, I assumed the latest post on The Daily Dump was just part of some weird dream I was still having.

2 Hours later, and I now find that it was not a dream, but the cold, harsh world of reality, and it sucks. It looks like Dan (Belligerent Intellectual) has decided to take a step back from blogging, and has made his last post to The Daily Dump, and in the 10 hours since his post, the 66 comments from readers already shows that I won't be the only one to miss his well written and humorous posts.

I have to say it was not until reading his blog that I decided to start blogging myself, and although I'm a long way from reaching his level of writing, or following of readers, I would say his writing has been a huge influence on my own site.

I do sincerely hope that we will see him return, either to the Dump, or to a new blog in the future. And if you've not already visited the site, pay it a visit; there may not be more posts to come, but there's still about a year and a half of posts that are well worth reading.

We'll miss you Dan!

4 Comments:

  • I saw he'd posted anew last night and thought, "oh goodie" - until I read on. I can't quite decide if it's an elaborate joke or not (in my naïve youth I was once burned when Paul Daniels tricked me into believing that he'd killed himself during a horribly gone wrong TV magic trick (in my defense, I was young and stupid and didn't realise the benefits to mankind if this had actually been the case). Anyway.... the scar of something like that stays with you for a long time and it's difficult to believe in things after that, but on the whole I've decided that BI is not joking and the blogosphere is worse off for it.

    By Blogger Disco, at 12:07 pm  

  • That's the saddest thing I've heard all day.

    By Blogger Ridic!, at 6:17 pm  

  • I'm still in a state of shock. I don't believe it is a hoax. I feel like I've lost a friend!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 pm  

  • Dan's broken my heart.

    By Blogger Carrie Broadshoulders, at 6:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home