Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

An overreaction?

On my daily crawl along the M25 this morning, between screaming at the radio to play some music, and for the presenters to stop their inane gossiping, I did pick up on one story that caught my interest.

It seems there is a new advert out for Kelloggs Frosties, featuring a kid who is seen dancing along, singing a repetitive song about said cereal, something I've thankfully not seen due to the wonderful invention of Sky+.

Now I accept that most TV adverts are annoying; I could believe there several advertising agencies set up with the sole purpose of producing annoying adverts. However, it seems this advert has ticked off more people than usual, and has actually triggered death threats against the child actor in the advert, forcing him to go into hiding. My initial thought was that this was just a massive overreaction, as after all, it's just an advert, how bad can it be. Then after a quick search on YouTube, I found the advert, and well....I'll let you decide for yourself.



I also managed to track down a more detailed article here. Sorry for linking to The Sun, it was the only online version of the story I could find. I'm very, very sorry.

Ok, so death threats are over the top, but still a good cautionary tale about considering the parts you're going to play, before you make yourself an international target.

2 Comments:

  • I cannot view this at work so it will have to wait until I get home tonight. But I have to say I'm looking forward to checking it out.

    I spent much of Spring 05 in London and suffered through those annoying Frog/Axel F ringtone commercials. If this Kellogg's commercial is anywhere near as annoyin, then indeed somebody deserves to die!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:42 pm  

  • Yes, the crazy frog is another thing the UK needs to apologise to for.

    Never has a frog more deserving to go in a blender.

    By Blogger Loaf, at 8:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home