Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Englishman in New York Chicago

Pounds have been exchanged for dollars, the suitcase has been dusted off, and the passport has been found under a pile of paper due for recycling. I'm now ready for the first trip out of the UK of this year!

So for those of you who are new or just not been following, I'm about to make my first trip to the US; Chicago has been nominated the city of choice, and I'll be flying over on Thursday morning. It's for a couple of reasons really; first, and most importantly, most of the people I know through the blogs are in Chicago, and I want to start putting a few more faces to names, and also, because of the generous offer of accommodation from Cherry! And if that wasn't enough, I'll be celebrating St Patricks Day in style with the likes of Cherry, One Lil Aussie, Classy, Dr Ken, and if he's back in time, 5 of 9er! Brace yourself Chicago.

It's a few days away yet, but the next few days are going to be pretty manic, so this is probably the last post I'll be able to get in until I return next Wednesday, and so sorry in advance to all the blogs I won't get a chance to read this week, I'll compensate with generous rounds at the bar!

So presuming I can resist the urge for sarcasm with the US customs officials, and don't get refused a visa*, be on the lookout for a lost Englishman wandering the streets of Chicago in search of the blue line.

See you all soon!


* As Russia so politely declined me several years ago

4 Comments:

  • Woot woot! So excited! You are going to see a green river, drink green beer, and will definitely encounter leprechauns!

    By Blogger classyandfancy, at 2:59 am  

  • Have fun. I'd say watch out for Classy but I'm sure you already know that.

    By Blogger JulieGong, at 7:44 pm  

  • You are entering a world of pain . . .

    By Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, at 9:16 pm  

  • Wait. You are going to meet up with a bunch of bloggers but won't be able to blog about it until afterwards?

    Irony.

    By Blogger ReckenRoll, at 2:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home