Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Sunday, February 18, 2007

London Gets Classy

Another Saturday, another night on the town!

Saturday night we once again hit the fair city of London, dragging a few of the regulars out, despite loosing one who had to take his girlfriend to A&E, and another who was out celebrating Chinese New Year with his girlfriend. Thankfully, the numbers were made up again by a special guest appearance from Classy and brother-of-Classy!

Now planning is not really one of my strong points, and what seemed like a relatively simple plan of "Meet in Waxy's at 7pm", didn't go quite as planned, since I'd neglected the fact that Waxy's is one of the larger bars of London. Therefore, it was quite a bit of wandering around and staring at women in chance of recognition before we actually found each other at around 8.30. Not that wandering around and staring at women wasn't a productive way to spend an hour and a half.

I would like to be able to give a more detailed recap of the evening, but memory is a little blurred, which I'm convinced is due to someone slipping some kind of amnesia pill in one of my many double vodkas. But highlights that do come to mind are the impressive balancing act by brother-of-Classy with a pint, cigarette and ashtray, the awkward conversation with the guy in the mens room, whose job it was to help me with the challenging task of washing my hands*, and the many pints that Classy was impressively lining up, which makes me think the bar is being set pretty high for St Patricks Day.

So a great night out, despite the 2 hours it took me to get home, thank you London Transport, and at least I feel like I've had a sneak preview of things to come next month during my trip to the U.S. Let the (just over) four week countdown begin!


* Am I the only one who finds this deeply unsettling?

8 Comments:

  • I trust you are showing Classy and Brother of Classy a good time. Start training your liver for a trip to Chicago.

    By Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, at 12:55 am  

  • I'm a little afraid for your life when you visit Chicago.

    By Blogger JulieGong, at 2:17 pm  

  • I'm a little afraid too... we drink way to much in this city of wind. Classy is the lightweight here. :)

    By Blogger 5 of 9er, at 3:28 pm  

  • Dr Ken: With the assistance of Classy, the liver has been well exercised.

    Julie & 9er: Chicago may be the binge drinking capital of America, but the UK is binge drinking capital of the world! Just point me to the vodka.

    By Blogger Loaf, at 8:52 pm  

  • Just make sure that you've got a bottle of orange juice ready. It's Matt's miracle cure to being blind drunk!

    (Sorry I missed out on London, but Chinese New Year was very... tasty :o) )

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 pm  

  • I wish I would have known! (I mean, except I was in Paris...details..details).

    We could have formed the UK version of the Liar's Club on this side of the pond!

    By Blogger ReckenRoll, at 11:05 am  

  • There is only one Liar's Club. Sorry Wingman.

    I am starting to get a little scared about your Chicago visit also. Mostly because I'm all talk and no action - as much as I like to talk a good game about drinking, I rarely ever do. I'm afraid I've become a real lightweight these days.

    By Blogger The [Cherry] Ride, at 12:09 am  

  • I am very grateful for the hospitality. You are definitely hard core! Magners + Carlsberg= Classy doesn't remember getting home, but ran down her camera's battery.

    By Blogger classyandfancy, at 1:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home