Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Monday, November 13, 2006

Odds and Ends

While the weekend was good, there wasn't anything wild enough to justify an entire post about, so instead, I'll give you a pick and mix assortment:

  • Went round to a friends on Saturday night and watched Lucky Number Sleven; couldn't understand what was happening for the first half hour, but a really good ending, so I'd recommend it.


  • Finally saw the video to Eric Prydz cover of Call On Me on MTV. Didn't blink for three and a half minutes. Now feel the urge to go and work out.


  • Hit a dead end with the Austrian Au-Pair; seems she felt guilty about her boyfriend. It's these little details that would be good to know up front. The search continues.


  • Decided on another attempt at exercise and loosing some weight. Not sure if just before Christmas is the right time to be planning this.


  • Still waiting for the tattoo scab to peel, as I so miss being able to give my back a good scrub! Shouldn't it be coming off after two weeks?

So there we have it. Pretty quiet weekend, but I should probably make the most of it as there's already quite a lot lined up for December, with two Christmas parties, a friends 30th birthday, and the whole Christmas thing. Better enjoy these lazy weekends while I can!

6 Comments:

  • Bummer about the Au-Pair.
    I'm a little concerned now about this tatoo.

    By Blogger The [Cherry] Ride, at 8:40 pm  

  • Thanks Cherry, although I'm not going to be too worried about the Au-Pair, I guess that's fate telling me to stick to my own age group!

    As for the tattoo, I'm going to drop by the shop and get them to check it out. They did say healing time can vary between people, and I am quite a slow healer, so I won't panic just yet.

    By Blogger Loaf, at 9:54 pm  

  • Boy, you are boring! Maybe I should reconsider wanting you to visit Chicago :)

    But, seriously, sorry about the lady friend. Who knew having a boyfriend would be an issue?

    By Blogger classyandfancy, at 1:20 am  

  • I know, really not the most exciting weekend. November usually seems to be a quiet month, probably because everyone is saving for Christmas and doesn't want to go out. But December is looking good, so there will be more stories of drunken debauchery back soon.

    And as for the visit, just hoping you youngsters can keep up the pace ;)

    By Blogger Loaf, at 8:52 am  

  • Hi matt I followed you to here from sixs blog.
    If you like the call on me video and are in need of a new girl friend can i sugest you try a yoga class. Google Bikram for starters. One tip though - only go as far as you feel cofortable and not as far as encouraged to go by the over enthusiastic instructors. [my back was sore for a few months]

    By Blogger Lucy, at 9:28 am  

  • Hi Lucy, thanks for dropping by!

    I'll have a look into Bikram, sounds interesting. I could do with being a bit more flexible, and the chance to meet other flexible women is one I just can't turn down!

    By Blogger Loaf, at 9:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home