Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

TV Heaven

Lock the doors, close the curtains and unplug the phone. The season of TV Heaven is upon us!

Yes, it's that time of year again when the best that TV has to offer comes into full bloom, trapping me in the warm and comforting glow of widescreen heaven. So here's what will be helping me to shape the sofa for the next few months:


Lost
Season 3 is underway, although of course not in the UK yet, and as I would never condone downloading episodes from BitTorrent, everything I know about this is purely from what I've read on the internet. Honest.

Lost really does come top of my list in terms of TV addiciton, and is one of the few programs that will have me going back over old episodes several times, just to see something someone has made a reference to in a later episode. Some questions have been answered, and many more have been raised. Here's to another gripping season!

The 4400
Ok, we're just about coming to the end of the season over here, but by my count, there's still a few episodes to go and things are really hotting up. Another great drama, and although it's starting to feel a little like it's ripping off the X-Men storyline, it still has enough originality to keep me going. Looking forward to a climactic ending with this one.

Tru Calling
Not quite as popular as it could have been, which I think is a shame, as once I got into the first series, I found it quite addictive viewing. We saw series one in the UK about two years ago, and are only just getting series two now, which was announced with very little fanfare. From the opening two episodes, it looks to be another good season. Jason Priestley plays the cocky bad guy perfectly, and anything with Eliza Dushku will always get my full attention.

Robin Hood
As far as I know, this is in the UK only at the moment. To be honest, I didn't expect much of yet another re-working of a story that's been done to death, but I was actually quite surprised, and found it pretty watchable. It's definitely got a tongue in cheek style to it, and some scenes did make me wonder if the creators of Xena had a hand in the writing, but to me, those are all good points. I'll keep going with this one and see how it turns out.

Mythbusters
Finally, in case you think all I watch is Sci-Fi and dramas, this is the one program that makes it into the lineup which can classed as educational. The favourite experiment I've seen so far, was watching them coat Adam in gold paint, to test the theory that being covered in paint can be harmful or even kill you; the look on Adam's face as they bring out the rectal thermometer to monitor inside body temperature during the experiment is priceless! Also, Kari Byron may play some part in my viewing pleasure.


So there we go, all I need now is a new series of Boston Legal, and a few new Simpsons episodes, and I'll be a happy viewer for the next few months. TV, you've done it again!

8 Comments:

  • I feel your joy: I've currently turned into a hermit due to the wiles of Prison Break, Grey's Anatomy, The Office, Six Degrees, and (even though I can't believe I'm admitting this) America's Next Top Model.

    By Blogger Ridic!, at 8:55 pm  

  • Do you watch Heroes? Apparently next week we learn "Save the cheer leader, save the world."

    I don't know why she needs saving? She already caught a stick through her head during an attempted rape, and then killed the rapist by crashing a camaro. She kicks ass, ya'll!

    "I'm holding out for a hero . . ."

    By Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, at 4:51 am  

  • trolling off Dr. Kenneth, a new favorite. isn't mythbusters consuming -- I can't seem to turn it off, but don't allow myself to tivo it because I can only watch so much TV before my butt takes up half the futon.

    By Blogger darci ann, at 7:16 am  

  • Not heard of some of those shows, I guess they've not made it over here yet. Although by Dr Ken's description, I'm really hoping we get Heroes!

    Grey's Anatomy is one that I wanted to watch, but kept missing episodes and have just lost track of it now.

    I've had to take Mythbusters off series link for a while, as I'm backed up with 15 episodes to catch up on, and it's going to fill the Sky+ at this rate!

    By Blogger Loaf, at 9:22 am  

  • the 4400 is the best dang show to get hooked to. Except I personally don't enjoy that littel Mya character who can forsee the future. She creeps me out. A LOT.

    By Blogger .25 life crisis kid, at 11:02 pm  

  • Just spent the last 5 hours hooked watching the last of 4400!

    Matt, Just seen your pic of Kari Byron and I'm in agreement with other (outside the blog). What do you see there!!! ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 pm  

  • Definatly a little creepy, but a great actress for her age!

    And Kari is cute! The picture really doesn't do justice, you have to see her in action :D

    By Blogger Loaf, at 8:31 am  

  • I love Mythbusters.

    By Blogger JulieGong, at 7:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home