Meaning Of Loaf

       Taking the easy road through life

Friday, October 27, 2006

Damn!

Yet again, life farts in my face and give a hearty laugh.

Some of my more persistent readers may recall the BBQ back in September, where I made a shameful attempt to chat up a 20-something Austrian au-pair, and in my opinion, made a complete ass of myself. Well, fast forward to a conversation yesterday afternoon when I was chatting to the guy who's BBQ it was, the one with the au-pair:

Me: "So still got that Austrian au-pair?"

Other guy: "She's back home at the moment, but coming back to the UK soon. Oh, by the way, she asked me to give you her phone number, if you wanted to give her a call."

Me: "Wasn't that a couple of months ago?"

Other guy: "Yeah, I kept forgetting to mention it."

Me: "?!!!?".

So, I've sent a text, but chances are she thinks I've had the number for ages and just didn't bother calling, and so is probably sat there reading my text, saying "Sorry, missed your chance!".

Damn, Damn, Damn!

At least it's Friday, and only 7.5 hours until the weekend offically starts. Have a good weekend all!

6 Comments:

  • Right I'm confused now. You said in your post about OU that your wife had a degree and then you're talking about trying to pull the Austrian Au Pair. Now my wife's lovely and cuts me a lot of slack, but if I was trying to shag an au pair I think she might take issue.

    By Blogger Crispin Heath, at 10:30 am  

  • Ah, I should clarify this one. Me and the wife are separated, so while I'm technically married, I'm effectively single and free to roam.

    And an ideal separation as well; we both agreed to part ways and have stayed best of friends since, actively encouraging each other to date. If only all relationships could end so smoothly!

    By Blogger Loaf, at 10:38 am  

  • Damn that is a tough break, Loaf. But I am feeling good about this - I think you may be bringing her with you to Chicago this Spring...

    By Blogger The [Cherry] Ride, at 3:30 pm  

  • Did you kick the guy who's BBQ it was in the balls? Because seriously, you should have. Or at least made him explain to the Au Pair what happened and put in a few good words for you.

    By Blogger Ridic!, at 3:41 pm  

  • UPDATE!
    -------

    Just got a text back from her, so I haven't missed my chance yet!

    So Cherry, your instincts were right! And Jader, I like your diplomatic approach, but I'll forgive him if it all works out.

    Now if you'll excuse me, I must perform the happy dance round the room for the next half an hour.

    By Blogger Loaf, at 9:11 pm  

  • oh yeah! the au pair awaits -- you must keep us updated :) keep that stumble fresh for her.

    By Blogger darci ann, at 6:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home